The Level 1 course is the cornerstone of the USATF Coaching Education Program. Led by USATF certified instructors, the 21.5 hour live course (presented on Zoom) covers all events and related sports science in a straightforward manner by emphasizing fundamentals, rules, safety and risk management, and teaching progressions. Certified by the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE), the course prepares an individual to coach at the junior age, high school, and club division level.
Individuals must attend all sessions to receive access to the online exam following the school.
Benefits of this program include:
- Recognition as a USATF Level 1 Coach*
- Curriculum book covering sports science and individual events
- Includes access to the TrueSport Coaching Certification ($25 value)
- Skills and knowledge to coach athletes at all levels
- Access to instructors and mentors with extensive experience
- Eligibility to attend a Level 2 School
*Level 1 certificate holders interested in joining the USATF Registered Coaches Program must maintain USATF 3-Step SafeSport Compliance requirements to remain active on the SafeSport Compliant and Coaches Registry lists.
New and current certified Level 1 coaches must complete a USATF approved continuing education course each renewal period to maintain certification. Level 1 recertification course options and the process are outlined at the link below.